Technical / Third Line/ Network Team Leader
Salary: up to £50k+ben
Start Date: Sun, 29th Nov 2020
Location: , Berkshire
Vacancy Added On: Fri, 20th Nov 2020
Job Ref No: js 3711
Detailed Job Specification:
Technical / Third Line/ Network Team Leader
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Technical / Third Line/ Network Team Leader to join well established blue chip organisation based at their prestigious offices in Reading.
As a Technical / Third Line/ Network Team Leader you will have strong Technical/ Third Line/Network experience and some team leading experience.
As a Technical / Third Line/ Network Team Leader you role will be to support the IT Operations and Infrastructure for customer and internal networks.
As a member of the support and escalation team, you will support and develop our clients internal and our clients customers IT Infrastructure. Primarily performing and continually improving BAU support activities including system checks, backup monitoring and resolving support incidents.
Additionally, regularly auditing our technical practices and improving the design of all monitoring systems, architecture and relevant processes to support a Service Centre of Excellence.
You will oversee the maintenance and upgrade of systems infrastructure including Servers, associated management systems and other core infrastructure components. To work closely and provide guidance to the Service Desk Team on all technical matters.
You will primarily resolve issue remotely as well as attend customer sites, where required.
• Provide technical team leadership, 3rd Line support and guidance to the Service Desk
• Audit, document and report on all Internal Infrastructure with the aim to highlight
risks and mitigation plans.
• Audit, document and report on all customer Infrastructure with the aim to highlight
risks and mitigation plans
• Assist in the interviewing and technical development of new and current team
members, in line with the business’ strategic product portfolio.
• Interrogation of the Service Desk ticketing system throughout the day to provide
effective responses and resolutions to queries or issues. Ensuring that raised
tickets are responded to within SLA timescales.
• Responding to calls or e-mails on the service desk, adhering to strict Service Level
Agreements for fault resolutions and service requests completions
• Carry out installations and configurations of end user workstation hardware,
software, networked peripheral devices, cabling, and networking hardware and
• Support end user workstation hardware, software, networked peripheral devices,
cabling, and networking hardware and software products by testing, maintaining,
monitoring, and troubleshooting in order to determine source of computer problems
(hardware, software, user access, etc.)
• Conduct updates of network asset management register to ensure that any changes to
set up, location or configuration of kit is logged in a timely and appropriate
manner, where any additional hardware or software is included within the network
• Prepare, maintain, and adhere to procedures for logging, reporting, and
statistically monitoring network data as directed.
• Adhere to business continuity and disaster recovery plans, and maintain current
knowledge of plan executables.
• Respond to emergency network outages in accordance with business continuity and
disaster recovery plans.
• Perform system backups and recovery with all systems in line with the backup policy
• Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions, and access rights as
directed by change requests from the Service Desk and in line with the Network
• Adopt a proactive approach towards all client activities.
• Collaborate with all of the Technical Service departments when required to ensure
business objectives are met.
• Identify, liaise and manage any escalated faults with 3rd party suppliers for major
incidents or network improvements.
• Improved support and operations.
• Improved ROI.
• Improved collaboration, utilisation and efficiencies across technical services.
• Unified team which promotes business strategy and common goals.
• Improve client escalation and resolution process
• Ability to support delivery of projects with chosen technologies
• Improved customer experience and retention.
Relationships are a mixture of internal and external focus. This role interacts with all departments internally. External relationships involve third party suppliers, vendors and clients.
• MCSE or equivalent
• VCP or equivalent
• CCNA or equivalent
• Cloud Services (IaaS, SaaS, Office365, Azure).
• Knowledge of Network technologies (VLANs, Routing, QoS, MPLS)
• Active Directory administration
• Microsoft server products (Exchange, TMG, SQL)
• Symantec & Veeam Backup products
• Previously worked on an IT service desk.
• Understanding of ITIL Practices
• 3+ Desktop, Networking, Server year experience.
So if you are a Technical Team Leader looking for your next exciting career move please apply now!