Desktop Support/Technical Support engineer
Salary: up to £27600 Plus ben
Start Date: Mon, 30th Nov 2020
Location: , Cornwall
Vacancy Added On: Thu, 19th Nov 2020
Job Ref No: js 3710
Detailed Job Specification:
Desktop Support/ Technical Support engineer
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Desktop / Technical Support engineer to join well established blue chip organisation based in Penzance in Cornwall.
N.B This role will be a mix of remote and site work. Ultimately it will be a site based position but some remote support will happen at the moment.
As a Dsektop Support/ Technical Support engineer you will be based at the customers office in Penzance responsible for providing on-site desktop support for technical infrastructure; advising and assisting users in solving problems related to software, hardware, networks and peripherals using available technology.
You will be expected to develop a thorough understanding of the client’s business and build excellent relationships with business leads and end users, which may include VIPs and executives.
This position requires you to manage your own overall activities therefore you will need to be able to work under your own initiative, be flexible and be able to work under pressure to meet SLA's and remain calm in stressful situations.
As a Desktop Support / Technical Support engineer your Key Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Case management of Incidents and IMAC’s in line with SLA’s
• Software and system fault diagnosis, analysis and fix.
• Manage / Provide support and technical expertise to projects as directed.
• Laptop / desktop Build & Deployment
• Manage Active Directory
• Administering Windows Share\File permissions.
• Patching network ports between comms room and floor ports
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
• A broad technical knowledge of IT, PC’s/peripherals and their architecture
• Proven software and hardware troubleshooting skills
• In-depth knowledge of standard SW issues including Windows OS, Office Suites and
core application suites
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent customer facing skills
• Excellent organisational skills, able to take a methodical approach to service
• Ability to work under pressure to meet SLA's and remain calm in stressful situations
So if you are a desktop support engineer looking for your next exciting career move please apply now!
Back To Search Results