Desktop Support - English & German Fluent
Start Date: Tue, 1st Dec 2020
Location: , Europe
Vacancy Added On: Wed, 2nd Dec 2020
Job Ref No: 4950
Detailed Job Specification:
We have an exciting opportunity for a Desktop Support engineer to join a blue chip organisation in Oranienburg on a permanent opportunity.
We are looking for people who are passionate about technology and increasing their existing knowledge, whilst delivering exceptional customer service.
A snapshot of what you will be doing:
· Provide technical subject matter expertise, assurance, lifecycle management, acceptance into service and 3rd line support to the customers infrastructure estate
· Deliver hard and soft break fix services for laptops and desktops across the customer site portfolio
· Provide standard and approved hardware and software (operating systems and standard office applications) support and maintenance on Desktop Devices for their entire lifecycle (including the remote management of Desktop Devices using appropriate tools).
· Support, manage and maintain the configuration and installation of the Desktop, including patch updates and hardware replacements.
· Takes ownership of 3rd Line escalations to the Infrastructure team and works with the Service Delivery Team from fault/defect identification through to fix, closure and production of knowledge article where appropriate.
· Review, support and undertake small changes/config changes to existing ‘run’ estate
What are we looking for?
· At least 1-3 years’ experience of working onsite providing Desktop Support
· Able to demonstrate strong working knowledge of ITIL Service management framework
· Ability to work under pressure
· Excellent customer service skills, native German and English speaker (B2 minimum)
· Good knowledge and experience in Microsoft Desktop Software and Operating Systems
· An understanding of network protocols, server hardware and configurations or other IT qualifications
· Ability to lift / move computer equipment weighing up to 50Lbs.
· A strong knowledge of Linux and MAC is highly desirable and will be prioritised
This role will be working a 9-hour day (including 1 hour for lunch) in a Monday – Friday 8am-5pm
Salary will be €33.000.
If you are a Desktop Support Engineer looking for your next exciting opportunity please apply today