IT Service Desk Team Leader - Technical and People Management
Salary: £15- 18 per hour
Start Date: Sat, 27th Jun 2020
Location: Hampton, Cambridgeshire
Vacancy Added On: Mon, 6th Jul 2020
Job Ref No: 4243
Detailed Job Specification:
We have a new and exciting role for an experience IT Service Desk Team Leader, who has both good people management and technical skills, to join an fantastic multinational ITSM organisation based in Hampton, Peterborough.
This is a contract role to begin with, working remotely for likely 6 months, with a view to becoming permanent, and being based onsite later down the line.
The role requires strong people management and previous technical skills, with the candidate coming from an IT Service Management background, having experience managing up to 10 staff in a 1st line technical team.
Leadership Responsibilities Service Desk Team leader:
Line management of a team of Service Desk Analysts, Support Specialists, Technical Engineers and Shift Leaders
• Ensure all team members understand theirs and companies expectations and deliverables of their roles.
• Develop and coach team members to improve performance and delivery of service.
• Identify and manage training and development needs in line with company procedures.
• Contribute to the maintenance and quality of the Knowledge Base
• Manage organisational change within team and department, including changes to procedures with regular comms in a timely manner
• Regular appropriate business communications to team
• Regular Team Meetings
• Bi annual appraisals, monthly one-to-ones, training and development plans
• Regular assessment of individual team member’s performance and act to address conduct/capability issues in line with disciplinary procedures.
• Provide support and delivery teams with relevant information regarding service performance via meetings, telephone conferences, email or reports.
• Develop, grown and maintain professional working relationships with all internal stakeholders and customer equivalents
• Attend meetings with other Team Leaders and Operational Managers as required
• Team focused – a genuine passion for managing and leading individuals to deliver excellence through continuous development and improvement.
• Patient, tolerant and supportive leader
• Team Player – ability to work as part of a team to deliver operational excellence
• Influencer – able to remain positive at all times and influence those around you
• Good relationship management skills
• Driven, motivational, professional leader, with a ‘can-do’ attitude at all times
Process, Procedural and Contractual Attributes:
• Outstanding communicator (verbal and written) that can remain objective and emphatic whilst being able to deliver the message required.
Customer Service Attributes:
• Excellent proven organisational and customer service skills
• Ability to take ownership of and progress problems to resolution
• Analytical, with exceptional attention to detail
• Time management and prioritising skills to ensure delivery of service at all times
• Innovative thinking, in terms of service quality and improvements within the boundaries of company limits (resource, budgetary, legal etc.)
If you are a passionate people manager with the experience of working as an IT Service Desk Manager please apply now!