Deskside Support Engineer - CTC Level Security Cleared
Salary: £27,000 + £1,999 CTC Clearance
Start Date: Sun, 5th Jan 2020
Location: , London
Vacancy Added On: Tue, 4th Feb 2020
Job Ref No: 4214
Detailed Job Specification:
Deskside Support Engineer - CTC Level Security Cleared - Central London.
For this role you will hold current CTC level Clearance - OR, SC Clearance via Home Office or Ministry of Justice.
Core activities for the Deskside Support Engineer:
• Working from one of the 7 Tech Bars, resolving client issues, replacing failed devices (Laptops, Desktops and Tablets etc) on a one for one basis.
• Mobile support solution visiting various sites within the M25 to resolve IT issues or to replace faulty IT hardware as required.
• Applying software images to new or repaired devices.
• Hardware refresh, replacing old IT hardware with new IT equipment – continuous rolling Three year life cycle program.
• Project IMAC work, large relocation of existing client employees to new premises whilst the existing premises is refurbished and refreshed, then relocating the staff back to either the same location or a new location, the project is to run for Two to Four years.
• There are fantastic online training opportunities for all staff, and all staff are encouraged to keep their skills up to date via this online solution.
RESPONSIBILITIES for the Deskside Support Engineer:
• Software and system fault diagnosis, analysis and fix.
• Respond to all email requests regarding Refresh issues.
• Take responsibility for stock used and follow the correct procedures regarding CMDB stock management.
• Use of Service Now ticketing system.
• Build new machines within the time scales provided by the Team Lead.
• Install additional applications on the new equipment.
• Copy locally saved data to new device.
• Acknowledge and respond to emails.
• Arrange dates and times with users for their incident resolution and installs.
• Ownership of all user problems through to completion.
• Risk awareness of technology and business impact.
• Proactively keeps customer updated with problem status at all times.
• Identifying and reporting risk as appropriate in accordance with the guidelines.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS for the Deskside Support Engineer:
• PC/Desktop Support knowledge including Windows XP, Windows 7, 8.1 & 10 & Windows Office Suites and core application suites.
• Administering Windows Share\File permissions.
• Mobile connectivity (E.g. secure ID/MAS)
• Microsoft Certification (MCSE/MCSA/MCP’s) desirable.
• Good knowledge of HP, Dell & Lenovo H/W with the ability to resolve HW issues
• Accepts and handles responsibility.
• Cooperates with supervisors.
• Willing to learn new skills and work through accreditation.
• Works with minimum supervision. .
• Excellent Communication and People skills.
• Friendly phone manner.
If you are an experienced Deskside Support engineer with the required level of experience please apply now.