Desktop Support Engineer
Salary: £14.90 p/h
Start Date: Fri, 8th Nov 2019
Location: , Shropshire
Vacancy Added On: Wed, 9th Oct 2019
Job Ref No: 3539a
Detailed Job Specification:
e have a fantastic opportunity for an Onsite Engineer to join a blue chip organisation in Shrewsbury.
Key Requirements and Skills
• 2 years’ experience in servicing/deploying computer and computer peripheral equipment.
• Must have proven customer service background. Good communication skills including the ability to communicate fluently in the local language and English.
• Needs to interact with the Customer Site Contact in advance of service delivery.
• Responsible for resolving technical escalations that arise during service delivery.
• Project experience utilizing data and settings migration, imaging, application installation, and technologies is a plus The candidate must be able to follow clear instruction with minimum supervision if not previously experienced in this arena.
• Able to comprehend and follow verbal and written technical instructions and scripts.
• Hardware support,
• Replacement and / or repair of client devices, including but not limited to monitors, hard drives, keyboards, or desktop computers;
• Application Support - Installation of missing or key applications, imaging client devices according to Local Business requirements;
• Mobile Device - Installation of Local applications required for mobile device to be connected to network and access applications;
• Laptop / Desktop Imaging - Set up the OS or image on a user device that can be a laptop or desktop computer per guidelines. Work with end user for scheduling and to perform incremental backup and restore services;
• Patching - Provide patches for desktops and laptops as required. This will be accomplished by leveraging existing tools, processes and procedures;
• Software installation - Installation of applications and software approved;
• Asset Management – limited to goods-in / goods-out from the local storage room, provides stock level and inform when threshold is reach for refurbishment. Updating asset management systems according to requirements. Equipment receiving will be performed in conjunction with local facility services
• Printer support - Installing printer drivers, replacing toner, and general resolution of end-user printing problems, inclusive of working with third-party manage print providers;
• IP Cisco Phone support - Install, move, add or modify phones to resolve a specific incident or request.
The successful candidate must be happy with travelling to other sites when required, mileage will be paid.
So if you are an Onsite engineer looking for your next exciting contract please apply today!