Pre Sales Product Consultant - Professional Services - ITIL
Salary: Market rate + Car Allowance and Be
Start Date: Thu, 11th Jul 2019
Location: , Northamptonshire
Vacancy Added On: Fri, 12th Jul 2019
Job Ref No: 4125
Detailed Job Specification:
New and exciting role for an experienced Pre Sales Product Consultant, ideally with experience working in a Professional Services. Location, Kettering, Northamptonshire.
We are looking for a dynamic and proficient product expert to who can confidently demonstrate bespoke Service Management Software Solutions to customers and clients as a member of the Sales team. This is primarily office based but client interfacing role, the product consultant will be responsible for pre-sales technical presentations of the company’s products (following appropriate training) and attendance at seminars and exhibitions where the need arises.
This is a cross functional role, therefore the Consultant will ideally have experience in both software pre sales, professional services, and service desk. Support tenders throughout the lifecycle and complete demos with the ability to provide technical support in layman’s terms.
Work Activities & Key Responsibilities
1. Undertake technical presentations to prospective and existing customers including planning, design, scheduling and delivery of customer product presentations for new release features, futures and related service/product offerings.
2. To achieve sales targets as set by the business
3. Become an ‘expert’ in the companies products (full training will be provided)
4. Report and review sales activities with the team / Managing Director on a weekly basis
5. Assist with the preparation and completion of tenders / RFI’s.
6. Be prepared to travel or work on customer / partner site when required, in a technical capacity
This is not an exhaustive list, and will be subject to review on a regular basis, to meet the needs of this new and developing role!
Skills and competencies:
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal as there will be a requirement to interface in an accessible way to a variety of end users. To this end a professional, cheerful telephone manner is requisite.
• Confidence to present to individuals and groups both face to face and using online webinar tools
• Excellent organisational and planning skills with ability to manage own work and meet deadlines
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Proven team player
• Ability to work effectively on multiple projects at the same time and prioritising a heavy workload under pressure
• A can -do attitude with a passion
• Ability to work under pressure, think quickly and deliver to tight deadlines
• Strong personal integrity, conscientiousness with initiative
• Bright, friendly and outgoing with a sense of humour
• Well presented with a professional image at all times
• Confident and ambitious
• Genuine enthusiasm for sales
• Flexible approach to duties and willing to help others
• A full clean driving licence
• Intermediate level of knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
• Proven experience of managing customer expectations to deliver business solutions
• Prior experience in articulating and conveying technical concepts to a mixed audience.
• Experience in providing creative solutions to business problems and working with IT Service Management / ITIL processes
• Proven service desk or consulting skills as the successful individual will be expected to work with the customer to understand their requirements, build relationships, manage expectations and advise based on good practice and experience.
• Good understanding of Internet, Intranet, Extranet, client/server architectures and operating systems and their dependencies and implications
• Previous experience with SQL Server, MySQL or Oracle is preferable
Qualifications & Technical Experience:
The successful candidate must possess a solid understanding of ITSM and ideally possess an ITIL V2 or V3 foundation certification. A solid technical foundation in Microsoft.Net platforms (Windows Server, SQL Server, IIS, Exchange and Active Directory) is desirable. Prior experience in Web Services, ASP.Net and C# is a distinct advantage though not mandatory
If you have the required skills and experience and you are looking for a new challenge, and the chance to work for a fantastic organisation, please apply now.