Technical Support Analyst/SQL/VB/.net
Start Date: Sat, 22nd Jun 2019
Location: , Yorkshire
Vacancy Added On: Fri, 24th May 2019
Job Ref No: 3034
Detailed Job Specification:
We have a fantastic opportunity for a 2nd/3rd Line Technical Support Analyst to join the team at a blue chip organisation based in Wetherby.
Does problem solving give you a buzz?
Are you driven to deliver a great customer experience whilst using your technical knowledge?
Do you like variety and challenge?
Have you had some exposure to running and editing SQL scripts?
Do new ideas and technology solutions excite you?
The Technical Support Analyst role is a critical role in our business as it delivers the important goal of high customer satisfaction and retention rates.
The Technical Software Support Analyst delivers support to customers and to our 1st & 2nd Line support teams, ensuring that there is a high degree of customer satisfaction in problem solving and fault resolution across the entire estate. Using your technical skills in SQL, Microsoft, VB and .Net combined with your rapport-building skills, you will resolve software or environmental issues found by both external customers and internal stakeholders.
Two aspects are important to us from day one:
1. your ability to deliver a fantastic, telephone-based customer experience and
2. your ability to understand the fundamentals of SQL.
We can develop your SQL skills, so don’t worry if they are not top notch or a bit rusty.
Previous software support experience is an advantage and if that’s been performed in a business-to-business environment or for a small-medium enterprise in the past, you are going to stand out.
If you also have an understanding of MS Windows based Operating Systems, Visual Basic and .Net software then we definitely want to meet you.
We are a friendly, easy-going bunch, and we are always ready to jump to the aid of our customers, so we will welcome people who are cut from the same cloth as us.
After settling into the team, you will be expected to work both independently and collaboratively, depending on the situation at hand.
To summarise we Require:
• Good level of technical capability. Should preferably include database interrogation, SQL scripting, software fault-finding, interface/integration issue investigation and finding alternative solutions to technical software problems
• Excellent Troubleshooting Skills
• Ideally experience as a technical customer support analyst working with software applications
• Understanding of financial and/or procurement processes preferred
• Excellent positive communicator and team player
• Experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams and to challenging deadlines
• Proactive, driven and ability to self-manage
If this sounds like you, please apply today!