Field Service engineer HP /IBM / SUN HARDWARE SERVER
Start Date: Fri, 17th May 2019
Location: , Ireland
Vacancy Added On: Thu, 9th May 2019
Job Ref No: 5000b
Detailed Job Specification:
Field Service Engineer HP /SUN/ Dell /EMC
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Field Service Engineer to join our clients expanding team. In return, our client can offer a competitive salary of 30-35k per annum depending on experience, company car, phone, laptop, certified training, overtime, company pension scheme and 20 days holiday, rising to 25 plus bank holidays.
Our client is a leading, mission critical hardware maintainer of IBM, SUN, HP, Dell, EMC, HDS and other Server, Storage and Networking equipment.They believe in consistently striving for excellence and their talented team reflect that goal.
The Field Service Engineer will be responsible for providing the technical skills to support our clients customers both onsite and remotely. Demonstrating wide ranging technical knowledge, troubleshooting skills in all areas and operating within strict timescales are key components of this role.
Duties and responsibilities;
● 1st to 3rd line technical support assisting the service desk and other engineers on
● On-site and remote support of customer faults
● Site visits to assess, maintain and swap non-functional equipment
● Installation and maintenance of PC, Server, Storage and Networking hardware as and
● Provide analysis and consultation based on customer requirements
● Ability to diagnose problem causes and identify the most appropriate / robust fix
● Taking responsibility for fault calls ensuring a solution is reached and completed
● Follow company processes to ensure continuity for customers and colleagues at all
● Basic level System Administration.
Skills & attributes;
● Previous experience implementing Server, PC and Networking maintenance within a
field service team
● Experience in working with Appasure, Windows Enterprise, Sonicwall.
● Good Server, PC and general hardware knowledge
● A flexible approach to work and being prepared to 'go the extra mile' to exceed
● Experience working within a customer facing role
● Well organised with excellent spoken/ written communication skills
● A confident ability to work in a fast paced environment
Applicants must be able to demonstrate in depth knowledge of one or more of the key technical areas:
● HP ProLiant
● IBM X Series, IBM I series / P series /storage servers
● Sun V/T series, 3100/7000 range
● EMC VNX, Vmax
● HP Blades and Chassis, HP MSA/EVA
● Dell PowerEdge, Dell Storage
● Dell EqualLogic / MD1000-3000 / P6000/ Compellent Storage
● Current full and valid driving license
● Ireland wide travel
● Working outside of normal business hours during periods of implementation
○ Hardware support on a 24/7 365 shift system
So if you are a Field Service engineer looking for your next exciting career move please apply now !