Salary: 130 per day
Start Date: Fri, 10th May 2019
Location: , Wales
Vacancy Added On: Wed, 8th May 2019
Job Ref No: 2728c
Detailed Job Specification:
|Desktop support engineer
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Desktop Support engineer to join a blue chip organization in Cardiff
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST) certification or equivalent.
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a support capacity in a user orientated environment.
• Ability to communicate well in English both written and orally
• Excellent team working skills
• Customer focused taking accountability and working with personal integrity.
• Ability to multitask and prioritize.
• Excellent personal integrity and ability to ensure strict confidentiality at all times.
To provide IT Helpdesk support to clients in order to resolve technical problems encountered in the operation of software and hardware.
• Provision of first and second line technical support for users of Hardware and software systems to provide prompt resolution of technical problems
• Perform diagnostic tests, modifications or repairs to software and hardware; replacing or recommending alternatives as needed to restore and improve functionality
• Install, maintain & support a variety of desktop, laptop, network hardware & software systems within the company to maintain provision of IT facilities.
• Maintains inventory asset lists of IT equipment to ensure compliance with business processes and internal audit requirements.
• Ensure software compliance processes are followed and catalogued
• Maintain IT hardware and operating systems to industry standards to ensure continued service support.
• Monitor, investigate and report potential information security breaches to ensure client and system protection.
So if you are a desktop support engineer looking for your next exciting contract please apply today!