Onsite Services Engineer - Break Fix / IMAC
Salary: £27,000 - £30,000 + benefits
Start Date: Thu, 11th Apr 2019
Location: , London
Vacancy Added On: Wed, 10th Apr 2019
Job Ref No: 4011
Detailed Job Specification:
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experience Engineer, providing onsite services for a prestigious client in Watford.
You will Provide hardware and software support, both remotely and deskside on IT products within the required Service Level Agreement (SLA). To meet our customer needs and a diverse working environment, the role calls for a degree of flexibility and an expectation that the core working hours are spent on customer sites.
Hours - 40 hours per week, between 8am - 6pm.
Main Responsibilities of the Onsite Services Engineer.
• To replace desktops, laptops and monitors as like for like and enabling a quick resolution with minimum inconvenience to the end user
• Perform Break fix on all desktop equipment
• To perform IMAC activities
• Complete all allocated calls and maintain regular contact with call scheduler
• To diagnose problems accurately using all the available resources and technical knowledge
• To provide timely, quality solution keeping the customer updated and escalating if required
• Refer to relevant procedures to perform role
• Ensure administration is satisfactory and up to date
• To carry out other tasks as requested by Team Leader
• Be vigilant for possible fraudulent activity and if necessary raise a security incident report using the template accessible via the corporate Intranet.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience of Onsite Services Engineer:
Knowledge / Skills
• PC literate
• Customer liaison skills
• Interpretation of data & actions
• Decision making.
• Windows OS literate
• Basic knowledge of Server OS and navigation if needed as eyes and ears for smart hands calls
• Experience with Active Directory (not essential)
• Basic hardware knowledge, Laptop Keyboards, Memory, Hard drives
• Experience with network fault troubleshooting
• Experience with Network builds
• Experience with network printer installs and configuration
• Experience with Microsoft applications in particular Office Suite, Visio/Project
• Experience with VPN and remote work on machines
• Good troubleshooting skills
• IT engineering experience – 2 years
• A good understanding of analytical troubleshooting
• A good understanding of networks and windows Operating systems
• Must be able to diagnose and repair desktops and laptops
• Desktop and laptop accreditation desirable
• Knowledge of specific customer software
• Team player
• Pays Attention to detail
• Can work under pressure
• Tact & diplomacy
• Good time-keeping
• Good Communication skills
• Customer Care Skills
• Adhere to health & safety procedures
If you are a dynamic Engineer, looking for a new challenge and have the outlined skill and experience please apply now!