Salary: £55,000 -65,000
Start Date: Mon, 14th Jan 2019
Location: , London
Vacancy Added On: Fri, 11th Jan 2019
Job Ref No: 4014
Detailed Job Specification:
A new, fantastic opportunity for an MSI and App – V Application Specialist to join a large IT company in London.
Job Purpose: Effective delivery of Camwood's Application Packaging and Sequencing Services adhoc or scheduled, providing excellent customer service and technical capabilities.
Job Summary: The Application Specialist is responsible for the quality packaging or sequencing of applications in line with customer requirements. He/she is responsible for ensuring all processes and standards are followed and the throughput of work is maintained. The role will also entail troubleshooting applications on and offsite and leading a team of packagers working closely with the Service and Delivery managers
Key Deliverables: • Application Engineering; ensuring quality and SLA guidelines are adhered to for all client based and internal application packaging in MSI and sequencing for App-V.
• Application Quality Assurance; ensuring testing standard and procedures are adhered to and reported on.
• Awareness of Contractual Details by engaging with Solutions Architect and Project Manager to ensure scope of services is understood and adhered to.
• Provide Application Expertise relating to; technical environment, packaging or sequencing standards, core builds, all processes and tool sets, resolution of complex technical issues and technical escalation (internally or externally).
• Is flexible and must be willing to travel throughout the UK and Europe when requested.
• Supports Project Managers in providing technical responses to emerging issues, ensuring these are dealt with in a timely fashion.
• Provides Escalation Management by either managing issues directly or escalating issues to the customer or Camwood management.
• Provide Documentation on a range of technical issues as required.
• Act as Core Technical Resource for clients and for the team he/she is leading.
• Contributes to Team Effort by creating an effective working environment accomplishing related results as needed.
• Assists Knowledge Management by ensuring an environment conducive to exchanging and sharing knowledge internally and externally is maintained. Ensure ‘knowledge notes’ are kept up to date and make staff aware of important issues.
• Is flexible and can perform various functions when required.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
• Career background to include MSI application packaging and App-V Sequencing for at least 4 years with experience in providing problem solving and Application consulting.
• Solid knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems.
• MCSE Windows 7, 8.x & 10 or equivalent qualification is desirable.
• Can demonstrate knowledge of MSI, App-V, XenApp, Wise, InstallShield, Orca and WinInstall packaging technologies.
• Experience of software implementations into medium and large enterprise businesses.
• Knowledge of industry best practices for MSI and App-V.
• Can provide quality technical and reporting documentation.
• Experience of, Active Directory, SCCM, Registry issues, Novell and Windows File Protection.
• Able to determine key aspects of packaging or sequencing standards.
• Operated in ‘blue chip’ company or quality services partner.
• Excellent inter-personal and client facing skills essential
• Drive and Enthusiasm • Time management skills
• Team Player
• Clean and smart professional appearance
• Ability and willingness to respond to client needs with creative and appropriate solutions
• Ability and willingness to pro-actively maintain industry knowledge.
• Ability and willingness to deliver quality to tight deadlines.
• Ability and willingness to tackle, in a structured way, a large task load
• Clean Driving License.
If you have the outlined skill and experience please apply now.