Onsite Services Engineer - Break Fix / IMAC - Shift
Salary: £28,000 - £28,000 + 10% shift allowance
Start Date: Thu, 14th Feb 2019
Location: , Wiltshire
Vacancy Added On: Tue, 29th Jan 2019
Job Ref No: 4009
Detailed Job Specification:
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experience Engineer, providing onsite services for a prestigious client in Swindon.
This is a shift based role.
You will Provide hardware and software support, both remotely and deskside on IT products within the required Service Level Agreement (SLA). To meet our customer needs and a diverse working environment, the role calls for a degree of flexibility and an expectation that the core working hours are spent on customer sites.
Main Responsibilities of the Onsite Services Engineer.
• To replace desktops, laptops and monitors as like for like and enabling a quick resolution with minimum inconvenience to the end user
• Perform Break fix on all desktop equipment
• To perform IMAC activities
• Complete all allocated calls and maintain regular contact with call scheduler
• To diagnose problems accurately using all the available resources and technical knowledge
• To provide timely, quality solution keeping the customer updated and escalating if required
• Refer to relevant procedures to perform role
• Ensure administration is satisfactory and up to date
• To carry out other tasks as requested by Team Leader
• Be vigilant for possible fraudulent activity and if necessary raise a security incident report using the template accessible via the corporate Intranet.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience of Onsite Services Engineer:
Knowledge / Skills
• PC literate
• Customer liaison skills
• Interpretation of data & actions
• Decision making.
• Windows OS literate
• Basic knowledge of Server OS and navigation if needed as eyes and ears for smart hands calls
• Experience with Active Directory (not essential)
• Basic hardware knowledge, Laptop Keyboards, Memory, Hard drives
• Experience with network fault troubleshooting
• Experience with Network builds
• Experience with network printer installs and configuration
• Experience with Microsoft applications in particular Office Suite, Visio/Project
• Experience with VPN and remote work on machines
• Good troubleshooting skills
• IT engineering experience – 2 years
• A good understanding of analytical troubleshooting
• A good understanding of networks and windows Operating systems
• Must be able to diagnose and repair desktops and laptops
• Desktop and laptop accreditation desirable
• Knowledge of specific customer software
• Team player
• Pays Attention to detail
• Can work under pressure
• Tact & diplomacy
• Good time-keeping
• Good Communication skills
• Customer Care Skills
• Adhere to health & safety procedures
If you are a dynamic Engineer, looking for a new challenge and have the outlined skill and experience please apply now!