Deskside Support Engineer L4 - Senior IT Support IV
Salary: £28,000 - £30,000
Start Date: Mon, 11th Feb 2019
Location: , Surrey
Vacancy Added On: Fri, 8th Feb 2019
Job Ref No: 4004
Detailed Job Specification:
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Deskside Support Engineer IV to join a large IT provider based in Guildford, Surrey.
Ideally you will need hold current SC level Security Clearance for this position due to the nature of the site. However the company are willing to consider Engineers without the clearance.
The DSE with be responsible for providing on-site desktop support for technical infrastructure for end users; advising and assisting users in solving problems related to software, hardware, networks and peripherals using available technology.
Duties of the Deskside Support Engineer IV will include:
- Analyses systems needs, troubleshoots problems.
- Deployment of updates/roll-outs. 80% software support with some knowledge of desktop hardware, OS, servers, and data bases.
- Provide quick response and maximum uptime of users.
- Understands customer goals; identifies consequences of various solutions.
- Develops project installation and escalation plans.
- You will have good communication skills, be able to articulate technical solutions using basic explanations.
- Farnborough is a key site, therefore you will need a solid experience in customer relationship building and customer experience management.
Skills and experience required for the Deskside Support Engineer:
- Wide range of skills across a number of platforms.
- Minimum of 2 open systems demonstrating in-depth technical knowledge.
- Writes operational procedures.
- Provides formal training to junior engineers.
- Should have professional accreditation or equivalent practical experience.
- ITIL foundations. Clearly demonstrates management capabilities.
- May lead small team (<10) in day to day tasks management.
- Expert business level technical knowledge for onsite system level repair and support.
- Complex firmware updates to a wide range of equipment.
- Manage escalations.
- Scope & plan upgrade/rollout projects.
- Presentation skills.
If you are a dynamic Service Desk Engineer, holding SC level security clearance and you are looking for your next exciting role in Guildford, please apply now.