Field Service Engineer HP/IBM/SUN/DELL
Salary: up to 39,000 euros plus car allow
Start Date: Sun, 9th Dec 2018
Location: , Ireland
Vacancy Added On: Thu, 29th Nov 2018
Job Ref No: js 3346
Detailed Job Specification:
Field service engineer / Hardware engineer HP/IBM/SUN/EMC/DELL
Our client is looking for an experienced Field Service Engineer to join their expanding team covering Cork and Dublin areas. In return, they offer a competitive salary, company car, car allowance phone, laptop, certified training, overtime, company pension scheme and 20 days holiday, rising to 25 plus bank holidays.
Our client is a leading, mission critical hardware maintainer of IBM, SUN, HP, Dell, EMC, HDS and other Server, Storage and Networking equipment. They believe in consistently striving for excellence and their talented team reflect that goal.
As a Field Service Engineer will be responsible for providing the technical skills to support their customers both onsite and remotely. Demonstrating wide ranging technical knowledge, troubleshooting skills in all areas and operating within strict timescales are key components of this role.
Duties and responsibilities;
• 1st to 3rd line technical support assisting the service desk and other
engineers on technical calls
• On-site and remote support of customer faults
• Site visits to assess, maintain and swap non-functional equipment
• Installation and maintenance of PC, Server, Storage and Networking hardware
as and when required
• Provide analysis and consultation based on customer requirements
• Ability to diagnose problem causes and identify the most appropriate /
• Taking responsibility for fault calls ensuring a solution is reached and
completed with SLA
• Follow company processes to ensure continuity for customers and colleagues
at all times
• Basic level System Administration.
Skills & attributes;
• Previous experience implementing Server, PC and Networking maintenance
within a field service team
• Experience in working with Appasure, Windows Enterprise, Sonicwall.
• Good Server, PC and general hardware knowledge
• A flexible approach to work and being prepared to 'go the extra mile' to
exceed customer expectations
• Experience working within a customer facing role
• Well organised with excellent spoken/ written communication skills
• A confident ability to work in a fast paced environment
Applicants must be able to demonstrate in depth knowledge of one or more of the key technical areas:
• HP ProLiant
• IBM X Series, IBM I series / P series /storage servers
• Sun V/T series, 3100/7000 range
• EMC VNX, Vmax
• HP Blades and Chassis, HP MSA/EVA
• Dell PowerEdge, Dell Storage
• Dell EqualLogic / MD1000-3000 / P6000/ Compellent Storage
So if you are field service/hardware engineer looking for your next exciting career move please apply now!
Back To Search Results