SC Cleared 2nd line Deskside Support Engineer
Salary: £22,000 - £26,000
Start Date: Thu, 1st Nov 2018
Location: , Wales
Vacancy Added On: Thu, 11th Oct 2018
Job Ref No: 3644
Detailed Job Specification:
Experienced 2nd line deskside support Engineer, who holds current, valid SC level clearance. To join a large UK IT services company on a customer site in Newport, Wales.
Interviews to take place 23/10/18
The Deskside Support Engineer is required to provide software support and hardware support, both remotely and at the desk-side, on IT products within the required Service Level Agreement (SLA). You will act as a first point of contact for users in order to assist with first time fixes and will assist with ad-hoc IT-related tasks as and when required. You will need to be able to provide coverage for the Team Leader in periods of absence and maintain flexibility in order to service the SLA.
SC Clearance is required.
It’s a 37.5 hours a week contract, but we cover 07:00 – 19:00 on-site, and so there is a rota in place to cover this with the four man team.
Responsibilities of 2nd line Desktop Support Engineer:
· Provide high quality, highly visible desk-side support functions to the customer.
· Install pre-defined computer ‘images’ onto desktop and laptop computers in the case of a serious system failure.
· Install or re-install any applications onto PCs in line with installation procedures.
· Perform diagnostic services using all available resources, including the use of other customer-based and external support parties.
· Manage hardware repair through the customer-defined warranty routes.
· Open tickets and work with service desk where required, including any external support parties for hardware equipment failures or software-related issues.
· Update call management systems with relevant notes to aid the customer, the end-user, other teams and other members within our own team with resolutions, customer updates and escalations.
· Provide alternative solutions, including a “Box/Hardware Swap” where possible to provide a quick resolution with minimum inconvenience to the user.
· Perform iMac activities as defined within the customer contract.
· Provide remote support to end-users.
· Provide simple patching services, both from floor to desktop equipment and within the comms room.
· Provide simple cabling diagnostic services.
· Ensure the Team Leaders are aware of any potential escalations.
· Complete all paperwork as required.
· Overtime when required or out of hours/project activity.
· Update Asset Database systems/spreadsheets.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience of 2nd line Desktop Support Engineer:
· Deskside experience
· Strong product-related technical background
· Excellent knowledge of Windows 7, Office 2010 and above
· SCCM knowledge
· Manual installations, handovers and user end-training
· A good understanding of VoIP telephony concepts
· VPN/wireless knowledge
· Can work to SLAs
· A good understanding of Microsoft Active Directory technologies
· A good understanding of Microsoft Exchange messaging products in an AD environment
· Able to work as a member of the team to provide the most effective method of service delivery
· VIP/exec support
· Knowledge of basic printer maintenance
· Full UK driving license
· Established skills in specific products
· Proven product-related technical skills
· Solid understanding of other technical areas Communication skills
· Can Do attitude
· Approachable and willing to approach
· Excellent customer-facing skills
· Ability to prioritise
· Patience, tact and diplomacy
· Problem solving
· Attention to detail
· Problem management
· Lateral multi-tasking ability
· Ability to make quick, accurate, decisive decisions in order for service delivery to meet SLAs
· Ability to work under pressure as an individual or within a team
If you have the desired skills and experience, and hold current SC Level clearance!