Desktop Support engineer
Salary: £26-£27000 per annum
Start Date: Thu, 1st Nov 2018
Location: Poole, Dorset
Vacancy Added On: Mon, 15th Oct 2018
Job Ref No: 3641
Detailed Job Specification:
Desktop Support engineer
A great opportunity has arisen for a Desktop Support engineer to be part of a two man team split between two main locations, delivering deskside support services in Poole & Havant.
Responsible for providing on-site desktop support for technical infrastructure for end users; advising and assisting users in solving problems related to software, hardware, networks and peripherals using available technology. Analyses system’s needs, troubleshoots problems. Provides user support, new hire system set ups and desktop/laptop software evaluations. Deployment of updates/roll-outs. 80% software support with some knowledge of desktop hardware, OS, servers, and data bases. Provide quick response and maximum uptime of users. Understands customer goals; identifies consequences of various solutions. Develops project installation and escalation plans. Train users according to technical, release and security standards. Good communication skills, able to articulate technical solutions using basic explanations. Should continuously utilize on site customer visits and contacts to identify and report new business opportunities (hardware and services) for the benefit of overall business growth.
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION:
• Software and system fault diagnosis, analysis and fix.
• Take responsibility for stock used and follow the correct procedures regarding stock
• Case management of Incidents and IMAC’s in line with SLA’s
• Acknowledge and respond to emails from Team Leads and Manager
• Liaising with other teams or vendors to resolution
• Risk awareness of technology and business impact.
• Assisting with projects as they arise
• Proactively keeps customer updated with problem status at all times.
• Identifying and reporting risk as appropriate in accordance with the guidelines
• Manage Loan Pool laptops
• Comply with Asset Management policies
• PC/Desktop Support knowledge including Windows OS & Windows Office Suites and core
• Administering Windows Share\File permissions.
• Mobile connectivity (E.g. secureID/MAS/
• Good knowledge of Workstation, Desktops & Laptops
• Honest, dependable, Reliable & Punctual.
• Accepts and handles responsibility.
• Cooperates with supervisors.
• Willing to learn new skills.
• Speaks and listens effectively.
• Works with minimum supervision.
• Solves personal and professional problems.
• Excellent Communication and People skills.
• Friendly phone manner.
• Must be well organised.
• Must be able to deal productively with a high workload.
• Multi-tasking skills.
• A flexible approach and work alongside the various operational teams.
• Pro-Active approach to work
So if you are an experienced Desktop support engineer looking for your next exciting challenge please apply now !
"In applying for this position, you consent to your personal data being shared with the specified employer and for your details to remain with GTS for as long as is necessary to process your application. See our Privacy Notice for full information www.global-technologysolutions.com/privacy.pdf
Global Technology Solutions is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.