Level 2 - Onsite Desktop Engineer - CCNA Qual
Salary: £27,000 - £30,000
Start Date: Mon, 1st Oct 2018
Location: , London
Vacancy Added On: Thu, 11th Oct 2018
Job Ref No: 3614
Detailed Job Specification:
We are looking for an experienced an experienced Level 2 onsite Deskside Engineer to provide support multiple sites in London.
This is a Deskside support role, however as it is contingency support you could work on various sites proving long term cover for things like sickness.
CCNA is essential to this role, as there is a small amount of networking to the position, aorund 20%.
You will be adaptability to be proficient in the installation, configuration and support of the desktop environment and in addition, be able to connect and install client software for various networking platforms at various customer locations in the UK.
-Capable of working independently and remotely on a wide range of products.
-Required to perform on site installations and troubleshooting on a wide range of products in a software or hardware environment.
-Ability to follow documented procedures provided by either the MSP or their Customers.
-Ability to respond to changes in procedures even in circumstances where documentation has not been updated. Ability to make necessary changes to procedures and documentation for the benefit of the team as a whole.
-Committed to own personal development.
-Actively contributing to management appraisals and training. Seeking opportunities to grow and develop skill sets in accordance with own personal ambitions and organisational needs.
• Hardware support
• PC and Laptop imaging
• Helpdesk / Welcome desk
• Desktop support
• Printer support
• Installations, move and changes
• 1st / 2nd line support roles
• Education - GCSE or equivalent.
• CompTIA A+
• CompTIA Server +
• CompTIA Network +
• ITIL Foundation
• CCNA is essential
Experience and Skills
• Understanding the importance of business processes and compliance
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent Time management and Organisational skills
• Flexibility – nationwide travel may be required
• A good theoretical and practical approach to diagnosing problems
• Ability to work independently on a wide range of products
• Microsoft Office knowledge - Word, Excel and Outlook
• Customer support skills
• Experience of user move and changes
• Good all round understanding of hardware maintenance/break-fix
• Punctual, reliable and professional
• Good organisation skills & time management
• Passionate, professional, with a ‘can-do’ attitude at all times
• Able to evaluate information quickly, identify key issues and formulate conclusions based on sound practical judgement, experience and common sense
• Able to build productive working relationships with local and remote personnel based on respect and good rapport
• Communicates honestly, openly, and consistently well showing attention to detail and remaining calm and patient when under pressure
• Willing and able to deal with problem situations on a daily basis
If you have the above skills and experience please apply now!